Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Awaiting word from WCP publisher
When I electronically signed a contract with Whiskey Creek Press last month, an email from the submissions editor thanked me for it and said the publisher would be in touch with me within 30 days. When 30 days had come and gone, I emailed to ask about the status of The Son Who Paid Attention, A Novel in the publishing process, and the submissions editor replied that the publisher would send me the standard welcome letter with instructions soon. I'm still waiting to receive that. Stay tuned. I worked for a tiny publishing house back in the 1970s as a copy editor (plus informally a babysitter, office manager, errands runner, and more), and I can imagine the long hours and variety of problems that the publishers and staff at Whiskey Creek Press confront daily. For instance, the submissions editor mentioned that one computer crashed last month, putting the WCP schedule behind. Lots of work, talent, and determination goes into getting a book from manuscript to publication.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment